14 de septiembre de 2011

How to pay a compliment - Como halagar o hacer un cumplido


Man: Good morning!

Woman: Morning!

Man: By the way, I just wanted to say well done on clinching that deal!

Woman: Oh, thanks. It wasn’t too difficult.

Man: You’re being modest! You did really well.

Woman: Thank you.

Man: You’re a great manager, you know.

Woman: Do you think so?

Man: Oh yeah.

Woman: I appreciate that.

(pause)

Man: Have you cut your hair?

Woman: Oh yes, I did actually. Thanks for noticing!

Man: Where did you get it done?

Woman: Oh, just that place on the high street.

Man: They did a great job and it looks great with the outfit.

Woman: Do you think so?

Man: Oh yeah. Very … fashionable.

Woman: Oh, it’s just an old thing.

Man: Well, you’ve got a great sense of style.

Woman: Thank you, you too.

Man: Thank you.

(pause)

Man: Nice perfume, too. Is that Dream?

Woman: Well, yes it is, actually.

Man: You wear it well.

Woman: I’m flattered.

Man: My pleasure.

Woman: Listen, do you want something?

Man: No. I’m just being polite, you know.

Woman: Hmmm.